Download as PDF
I. Introduction (6 Minutes)
- Pray for each couple.
II. Sharing Session (85 Minutes)
- Start the group sharing (80 minutes).
- You and your assistant go first—be open and answer each properly, not using notes.
- Fill your sharing chairs.
- Introduce the first sharer.
- Applaud after each sharer.
- Affirm each sharer in turn.
- Introduce each new sharer in turn.
- Do this until everyone has shared and been affirmed.
- Recap and vote for the Couple who has demonstrated the most growth in their relationship over the last 8 weeks (3 minutes).
- No one votes until the recap concludes.
- Once the assistant collects the ballots, dismiss the group to the break.
- The assistant breaks any ties for first or third place and fills in the award.
III. IMPORTANT: COLLECT FROM EACH PERSON THE DOCUMENTS THEY COMPLETED AT HOME AND PLACED IN THEIR OWN ENVELOPES. (2 MINUTES)
- Since some people may not have remembered to bring their return address envelopes, please have envelopes available for them.
- Place all the collected envelopes into a large envelope and mail to FDI as described in the last section of this session’s outline.
IV. Break (15 Minutes)
V. Final Session (35 Minutes)
- Present the award to the recipient COUPLE (2 minutes).
- Have the top three honored couples stand one at a time and applaud for each.
- Make sure all three couples sit down before presenting the award.
- Have award recipients thank the group and pass around the book.
- Group affirmation (12 minutes)
- Give everyone 30 seconds to select one person who touched him or her, and thank the person for his or her message, attitude, example, or encouragement.
- Remind everyone to confer with his or her Prayer Notes.
- Keep time on each person to avoid going over time.
- If your time runs out before the entire group has an opportunity to affirm another, stop the activity anyway.
- Closing Activity: Encouragement and Promises (15 minutes)
- Each couple comes to the front.
- The assistant keeps time—60 seconds per couple.
- People in the class offer positive affirmations to the couple or tell them what they will promise to do for them as a couple.
- The only responses allowed are “Thank you” and “I’ll hold you to your commitment.”
- Have someone write the affirmations or promises in the back of one of the affirmed couple’s handbook.
- Briefly discuss meeting again soon for a follow-up class. Contact your Ministry Consultant for follow-up options and ideas.
V. Conclusion (9 Minutes)
- Give a brief, encouraging pep talk (2 minutes).
- Closing prayer (You or your assistant should pray for each couple by name while everyone is joined hand in hand in a circle.) – 2 minutes
Class Preparation Checklist:
- Listen to “Facilitator Skills” and “Session 8” messages on the Facilitator audio message.
- Pray for each couple by name; pray for God to use you.
- Prepare the name tags.
- Bring an award to class.
- Bring extra pens.
- Bring a box of facial tissue.
- Bring ballots to class.
- Make sure the refreshments are coming.
- Bring large envelope to class.
Classroom Set-up Checklist
- Arrange room furniture for classroom set-up.
- Eliminate outside viewing of the classroom.
- Put “Do Not Enter” signs on all doors to the classroom.
- Write the sharing session questions on the board (see page 65 in the student handbook).