It’s National Marriage Week!
National Marriage Week 2018 (Feb. 7-14) is a great time to celebrate one of God’s most precious gifts to us—marriage! This annual celebration raises awareness of the need to build stronger marriages and reduce the divorce rate, which in turn benefits children and helps curtail poverty.
Chuck Stetson, chairman of National Marriage Week USA, says, “The alarming drop in marriage rates in America combined with high divorce rates are costly to the nation—financially costly to taxpayers and individuals, and emotionally costly to children. We all need to work together to turn the tide.”
“Marriage works,” adds NMWUSA executive director Sheila Weber. “Research shows that marriage makes people happier, live longer, and build more economic security. Children with married parents perform better in school. There are proven ways to repair and restore marriages—but most folks don’t know where to go to get the help they need.”
Here are some ways you can celebrate National Marriage Week this year:
• Take our free Marriage Quiz.
• Donate to help couples who want to take one of our marriage courses or workshops, but are unable to afford it.
• Take a look at these great Marriage Tips and Valentine’s Day ideas.
• Discover the courses and workshops we offer to enrich or bring healing to your marriage relationship.
• Take time to pray with your spouse about becoming trained facilitators to lead a class in your area. You could make an enormous difference in the lives of struggling couples.
• Watch a free webinar featuring national leaders who champion marriage.
• Sign the “I Believe in Marriage” Pledge.
• If you know a couple whose marriage is in crisis, first of all PRAY for them. Then tell them to call us at 800-650-9995 to find out how we can help. We have helped more than 75,000 married couples to repair or transform their marriages—it’s never too late!